Responsible for the deployment and support of computer hardware and software including peripherals and components to employees. Day to day helpdesk support ensuring incidents recorded correctly in ticketing system and monitor those tickets until completion. Perform a variety of (installation, move, add, change, disposal) and support tasks to meet user requirements. Participates in projects as required.
- Works on the assembly, configuration, installation and level II/III support of computer hardware and software including peripherals and components;
- Maintains and/or creates standard operating procedures, customer service guidelines and troubleshooting documentation for new services and activities;
- Participates in internal/departmental project initiatives which may involve multiple IT/User groups;
- Own helpdesk tickets for site, ensuring completion in a timely manner;
- Support Telecommunications hardware/software assets such as VOIP, Cellular and mobile devices;
- Actively monitors, detects and removes malwares and illegal or non-authorized software;
- Participates in coordinating user relocation support for all IT equipment;
- Performs cleaning and preventive maintenance of IT equipment and network closets;
- Supports and monitors applications and tools used by the site;
- Monitor and maintain server backup system and process;
- Support backup to Hoofddorp site when required;
- Attend regular site meetings to ensure IT is closely involved with the business and regular communication is provided back to IT Operations Manager.
This company is a global leader in modelling, simulation and training for civil aviation. The company employs approximately 8,000 people at more than 100 sites and training locations in approximately 30 countries. They offer civil aviation, military, and helicopter training services in more than 45 locations worldwide and trains approximately 100,000 crewmembers yearly.
With more than 210 full-flight simulators in 42 civil training locations worldwide, they have the largest network of civil training locations in the industry. They serve approximately 3,500 airlines, aircraft operators and manufacturers across the globe. We offer customized training services for pilots and maintenance technicians ranging from integrated programs to deployable ground school capabilities and e-Learning solutions.
We are looking for a proactive and accurate IT Systems administrative talent who has considerable knowledge on support of computer hardware and software, telecommunications and networking and understanding of ITIL processes. Someone who can act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. You have excellent problem-solving abilities and communication skills, are customer focused and have full awareness of the multi-cultural environment. Customers come from all over the world and may require a specific approach.
The ideal candidate we are looking for also has the following required skills:
- 2-5 years experience in an IT end user support environment;
- Technical Degree (DEC)/College diploma in a technology discipline and/or equivalent combination of education and related experience;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, (Dutch would be desirable);
- Strong knowledge and troubleshooting of computer operating systems and office applications (Microsoft windows Office and O/S, Outlook, VPN, antivirus, Encryption);
- Strong knowledge and troubleshooting of computer hardware computers, portable devices, and related peripherals;
- Strong knowledge of support principles, methods, and procedures in operating computers and peripheral equipment;
- Strong troubleshooting skills to diagnose/repair various hardware and software;
- Knowledge of Microsoft active directory architecture;
- Knowledge on Network services such as VPN remote access, LAN/WAN, DNS, DFS FTP and Proxy;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong communication end-user support skills, end-user/peer relationship skills and teamwork;
- Strong ability to learn and support the many different corporate applications and various helpdesk/account administration activities;
- Strong project administration skills required to work across IT groups bringing innovation, creativity and process management;
- Strong knowledge of maintaining corporate documentation and procedures following group standards and policies. Adapting to changes within the organization;
- Some domestic and overseas travel may be required.
- Working in a dynamic multicultural environment where Dutch and English is spoken daily.
- Fulltime, 37,5 uur per week;
- Monthly gross salary € 3000 (37,5 hrs)
Are you the System Administrator we are looking for? Please apply. If you want more information, please call Roald van den Dam, 0624906900.
Our reference number is: 2085
Neem voor meer informatie contact op met:
Exact personeelsintermediair regio Amsterdam
Roald van den Dam