Your colleague, who is a category manager, wants to launch a new product to the range of hard goods products for which he or she is responsible. In his quest for and the development of the new collection, the category manager needs support from the category assistant. You are the support and rock in all things administrative!
You collect and send samples for deco testing to Poland: they take care of the decoration of all products; you support in making competitive analyses and you coordinate various courier shipments to be sent to our team in China/deco facility. Because we need a photo of each product, you send samples for photo shoots. All in all you will be working with a lot of different departments to make sure our products can be launched correctly on time.
And when the new product is finally approved and will be included in the range, you ensure that the new item with the corresponding product information is entered into our systems. These are the various tasks:
- Take responsibility for translating new products from briefing to launch, including requesting and validating samples with category manager. Send samples for testing & decoration testing etc;
- Provide input to category manager to build up product specification;
- Follow up new product launches and testing. s testing;
- Coordinate all steps with the respective support areas to ensure the schedule of the launch;
- Create item in system and follow up the content and on Compliance Documents;
- Organize sample room;
- Help with reviews for inline assortment when needed (organize and update documents, certificates, life cycle, making analyses, marketing materials, etc.);
- Answer product questions from Sales Teams;
- Review samples for inline and new assortment together with the Category Manager and sign to send back;
- Help Category manager and Quality Control Team to find solutions and close the claims for inconsistent items in stock.